A retired firefighter from Reepham has started an aerial photography business using drones.
Phillip Leeder, who served with the Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service for 37 years – the last eight at Reepham – has launched Anglia Aerial Images, a commercial drone-hire service based in Reepham.
“All our remote pilots are commercially qualified with the compulsory certification from the Civil Aviation Authority,” said Mr Leeder, senior remote pilot.
“This ‘Permission for Commercial Operations’ gives you confidence that the remote pilot has undertaken the mandatory training course and passed the required theory and practical examinations.”
“We always work within the CAA safety guidelines so we may not be able to operate in every location. A further consideration has to be the weather: too much wind, low visibility and rain will prevent us from flying the drones.”
Anglia Aerial Images can provide several types of services including:
- building surveys covering such issues as chimney, guttering, roof surfaces, etc.;
- estate agency marketing using aerial photography or videography;
- construction site/industry, for example illustrating the progress that is being made on a project;
- tourist attractions from the air;
- surveys of golf courses or farms.
- information for marketing.
Hiring a remote drone pilot is a cost-effective way to survey difficult-to-access areas and to photograph properties, land and people, said Mr Leeder.
“Aerial videos and photographs are an excellent way to illustrate to prospective customers or clients the aspects of your hotel, caravan or camping site or other visitor attraction.”
Contact: Anglia Aerial Images. Tel: 01603 872984. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org