New patient ban at Cawston care unit

The management of a specialist care unit in Cawston have been told not to admit any more patients after a man swallowed a screw during their visit, just 15 months after the death of a patient who swallowed a piece of cup.
Inspectors from the Care Quality Commission visiting Jeesal Cawston Park also found an “unbagged stool sample” in a medication fridge on a ward during their inspection in November.
They later returned after the care unit was rated as inadequate and placed in special measures earlier this year.
Read the full story HERE